Camping on Showground
Camping available for all types of campers, on following conditions:
- campers MUST check in and out using the NSW Services QR Code, which can be found on the power boxes, next to the honesty box and in the toilet block.
- toilet/shower block is supplied with hand soap and paper towels, however campers must supply all other cleaning and hygiene equipment.
- now more than ever, your honesty to pay $20 per night per site and $15 per night per stable for horses is needed, as the costs to implement our COVID-19 safety plan has been a financial burden for the Yass Show Society that owns and manages the Yass Showground (we are not a Council owned Showgrounds and receive very limited support from the Yass Valley Council!)
- campers MUST check in and out using the NSW Services QR Code, which can be found on the power boxes, next to the honesty box and in the toilet block. If you have not used the NSW Services code before, it will prompt you to download the app, and then you will be able to scan the QR code and check-in.
- toilet/shower block is supplied with hand soap and paper towels, however campers must supply all other cleaning and hygiene equipment. Please leave the facilities as you would like to find them, as the Yass Showground is not a Council owned or managed ground and there is not a Caretaker onsite.
- please take your rubbish with you where possible, as the Yass show society has to pay for rubbish removal - there is no Council rubbish collection service for the Showground. Volunteers will check the grounds periodically and remove rubbish when needed.
- now more than ever, your honesty to pay $20 per night per site is need, as the costs to implement our COVID-19 safety plan has been a burden for the Yass Show Society that owns and manages the Yass Showground (we do not get any support from the Yass Valley Council!). The Honesty Box is located at the western side of the Grandstand building, and we thank you for your support!! Please put your details on an envelope or piece of paper (name, phone, email, rego). If one of our volunteers is around, they will approach you for payment, and will issue a receipt on the spot.
Short-term camping (less than 3 weeks) is available on the Showground throughout the year, other than on the Yass Show weekend (please see Show pages for details of camping at the Yass Show).
Power and water is available on the Showground, in the camping area to the right as you enter the grounds. No prior arrangements need to be made for your arrival, as the show office is generally unattended.
The showground is pet friendly. You are permitted to bring dogs, however please be responsible as to their activities and keep them on a lead.
You can find a map of the Showground layout at Show time here. The camping area is located in the Side Show and Heritage Walk area. Toilets for camping are located adjacent to the Rodeo Arena.
The Honesty Box is located on the outside of the Show Office on the western side of the Grandstand.
Haulin the Hume
If you would like to pre-book camping at the Yass Showground on 30th March for Haulin the Hume, please send us a message below, and we will get back to you with an invoice for payment.